My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I am not avoiding the MTC curse very well

Hey everyone. Now, I'd use spaces and enters and what-not, but the keyboard I'm on right now doesn't have a working enter key, so you'll just have to make do without paragraphs. Now, my week three was fascinating. On Monday, I spent a good portion of time writing email and letters, but I ran out of time to send a detailed email, so I'm sorry if my blog didn't get updated with one. On Wednesday, we did the usual Residence Hall service. I cleaned out the sinks again. I think that's something that I'm becoming the best at. LOL! Also, on Tuesday, I finally found the scale, and weighed myself. Now, the MTC curse is that you will overeat and gain weight. As I'm sure you've inferred by now, I'm not doing very well at avoiding that. I've gained about 8-9 pounds since I've been here. I blame the bad cafeteria food (Who told me it was good to begin with? The ravioli last night was just awful), but I also blame the fact that I'm over-indulging on sweets my parents sent me. Now, this week, all the new mission presidents came in, and half of the cafeteria was closed, as well as the gym. With half a cafeteria, and this many elders and sisters, room was tight, and there were no options for food. It sucked. As well as not having the gym. I've decided I want to do more cardio and strength training, because I want to shed some weight. So, I played soccer all week long. It was fun, but it started getting way too competitive, so I'm glad that we have our gym back. Now, everything else was normal. The fireside was awesome. The TRC stunk. And I'm at 50 seconds with my time, so I'll wrap up. With love, Elder Shepherd. P.S. DearElder.com is a great way to send me letters. Check It out. getting letters here rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment