My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Monday, July 4, 2011

WHERE'S THE LOVE...

Seriously?

I opened up my email inbox this morning, and all I see are the two emails I receive every week: The one from Pres. Martin, and the email about my MSF card finances. Nothing at ALL from family, friends, people who partly give a crap, etc...I can't believe this at all. This is probably the first time in my whole mission (MTC included) that I've opened my inbox to absolute emptiness. *sigh* Here I am, being diligent in sending emails, and I get no love from anyone who may partly love me. Why.........
Anyways, apart from the lack of amor, things have been going okay here. I'm coming up on the end of another transfer this week, so if you have any letters or packages (mom, where is it?) that you want to send me, please send them a week from now, as I may be gone. I don't think I'm leaving this area, but I have a sure feeling that one of us is being transferred. We don't know, but we may find out tomorrow. One of the APs (my trainer, actually) is leaving, and a slot is open for a new AP. I honestly think Elder Huskinson has all the stuff to be a good AP, but we don't know. There are tons of missionaries here, and only one of them will be the AP. We'll see. If we don't get a call today or tomorrow, it's not happening. However, I'm getting the sick feeling in my stomach that I'm going to train. I don't know why, but that's just how I feel. I don't know, but I think it may happen. I don't think I'm ready to train, but we never know.
As far as missionary work, we've been trying to recover from a slow few weeks. We've been trying to find new people, and it's been working, but a lot of our potentials and investigators that we have had have been going awol on us. We're not too happy about that, but that's what's happening. We did find a good potential family that could totally get baptized. Time will tell, though.
So, that's about it. Once again, don't send letters or packages until next monday, when I have word on my fate, but I'll still be on email for another 30 minutes or so if somebody takes a bit of time for some lovin' for Shepe. (That's the nickname that every one here has given me, because Shepherd is a bit hard to pronounce for latinos, so Shepe is my nickname here.)

With love (since I have some to actually share)

Elder Shepe

No comments:

Post a Comment