My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Monday, July 11, 2011

A new transfer, a new companion, a new area, but the same old valley...

Hello everyone

As the title to this email points out, I have been transferred. I am now in the North Hollywood 4th ward, spanish, and my companion is Elder Potter. He seems like a really cool guy, and I feel like I'm already bonding super well with the members here. It was a member who gave me a ride down here from Lake L.A. Even though I'm excited to be in a new area, and back in the freakin' San Fernando Valley, I'm really going to miss a lot of the elders I left back in the desert. Elder Ulloa is one I'm going to miss a lot, too. He and I became such good friends, and the sad thing is that this is his last transfer, so this is very likely the last day I'll ever see him.
Anyways, I bet a few of you are wondering why I got transferred so quickly. I was only in Lake L.A. for two transfers (12 weeks), so here's the reason. An elder was transferred up there, with Pres. Martin intending to have him take Elder Huskinson's place as Pres. Gonzalez' right hand man in the branch. The branch is so small, and the members are so new that they have little idea of organization. So, the missionaries, namely the DL, handle some of the stuff. However, this elder didn't meld very well with the branch, so Elder Huskinson was kept up there for at least another transfer, and I'm now back in the valley. If not, I probably would be getting a new companion in Lake L.A. today, but no, I'm now standing in a library in Burbank writing this email. Even though I'll miss the people I've met, I won't miss the heat. The desert has been really hot as of late, and it's not been pleasant. Although it's a bit humid in the valley right now, it's much cooler than normal. That I can live with.
So, here's my new address:

Elder Marcus Shepherd
9057 Cayuga Ave.
Sun Valley, CA 91352

I'll talk to you all next week, and take care.

Elder Shepherd

P.S. This last saturday was my 13 month mark. That's freaky that I have less than a year left.

No comments:

Post a Comment