My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where does my time go?

I just realized something

I rarely get around to writing these emails. These are supposed to be my link for others to see a little bit of what my mission life is like. Not to mention, since I send them to myself, they're kinda like a journal. I really need to step it up more. I seem to not have a lot of time left over at the end of an email session to send it. I gotta get more vigilant in this. As Mad Eye Moody once said, "Constant Vigilance!"
Anyways, this last week has been a bit of a roller coaster. Our main investigadora will likely not be able to be baptized. She has been living in a bad situation for a long time, and one that won't allow her to be baptized. We've been working hard to get her out of it, but the member who was offering her a room has retracted her offer. The reason for this is that our investigator has essentially been babied her whole life. She hasn't really ever had to take care of herself, and she doesn't know how. So, moving out for her is something that is really hard. The member said that she wasn't ready to move out. Although she would've, she probably would've crashed and burn or something. So, that was a bit of bad news for me and Elder Bills. However, I did get two upsides.
Magic: The Gathering has gotten some sort of surge amongst the missionaries here, and I inherited a ton of cards from missionaries who didn't want them or were leaving. So, I had a small collection. I played it a lot in Van Nuys, but no one here knows how to play, so I decided to find a game store, take them in, and sell them. I got 25 dollars for all of them, and I got an awesome copy of Carcassonne. Although I have a travel sized copy of it (Thanks mom and dad), I've been wanting a full-size version for future expansions. The travel one can't play with expansions. I'm happy about that.
Also, yesterday, we biked from our apartment all the way to Universal Studios, and hung out at the outdoor strip mall, Citywalk, while there. It was lots of fun. Although it was hard, and I've got a bit of a sunburn from it, it was lots of fun, and it helped me and Elder Bills bond more, which is good because our companionship, although stronger than before, is still a bit fragile. We're both actively working on making it better, though. So, that was fun.
Well, that's about it for what has been going on. I hope that everyone is doing well, and I hope that you guys have a good day.

Elder Shepherd

P.S. Our apartment is at 9511 Darby Ave. Northridge, CA. Mapquest the route to Universal Studios to see just how much we biked. It was LONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment