My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lots of Moving

Hello Everyone

I decided this week that I needed to make this email kinda short, sweet, and to the point.
Basically, I'm sure you're all wondering why it's taken me up to today (Thursday) to email, when I normally do it on Tuesday? BTW, quick note, I'm going to soon be doing my emails on MONDAYS. It's a new policy that I have to adapt to, so I hope that you guys make the adjustments accordingly. Anways, back to what I was originally talking about.
The reason why I'm emailing today is that we've been doing a lot of moving. On Tuesday, we got a call that one of our members need TONS of help moving out, because they had to be out of their house by 5 on Wednesday. We showed up, and TONS of help was an understatement. They hadn't taken anything at all to their new house. Thankfully, we had about 15 missionaries there to help, so things went good, which was a real blessing because the elders quorum flaked out on us. Then again, with that many missionaries, we still hadn't finished. Anyways, we were there from 1 to 5, and so we had no time to go do emails.
Yesterday, another member was in desperate need of getting out that day, so we helped him. We had planned on helping him, then going back to the other member's house to help them finish at 1. But, he kept piling stuff in the pile for us to move, and we didn't get done with him until 2. The sad thing is that he kept putting stuff into the truck that would all have had to fit into a 2 room apartment. Not 2 bedroom, 2 room! I'm surprised if he manages that. Anyways, we got to the other house, and helped for an hour, then Elder Bills and his former companion, Elder Johnson, had to prepare to go to the temple with their recent converts. Since I wasn't part of their baptism process, I wasn't privilieged to go to the temple. I really REALLY wanted to, though. Anyways, me and Elder Johnson's companion, Elder Zayas, helped out at the house until about 5:15, and then we went to dinner at T.G.I. Fridays with an awesome member family. It was a really awesome dinner, but I was exhausted after that.
Anyways, I need to go right now, so I'll talk to you all later. I just sent an SD card with pictures home, so keep an eye out for that!

Love

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment