My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Transfers, better relations, and an awesome resolution to lose weight

Hello everyone

As I'm sure you've guessed, this week starts a new transfer for me. We got the calls last Saturday, and Me and Elder Bills are both staying in Northridge. As for the missionaries in our apartment, or our ZLs, one of them, Elder Saena, is staying, while the other one, Elder Tafur, is going back home to Colombia. The new ZL is Elder Chamberlain (We affectionately call him Chamba), and he's a really legit elder. We're betting that this transfer is going to be awesome. Although I'm sad that Elder Tafur has left, because he was a really great friend to me, we're going to have new relations to build, especially with Chamba. That is one of the best benefits of being a missionary. You get to make so many more new friends, and you get to learn so much about the Gospel that you often wonder why your head hasn't exploded before it's all ended.
I'm out of time, so I'll really finish. Elder Bills and I are doing good, and I'm going to start a workout program called P90X. If you want to know what that is, look it up. It's extremely intense.
Gotta go. Lunch awaits.

Love

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment