My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Seven Months?

Have seven months really passed?

I can't believe I'm already through the greater portion of a year. This is really freaky how fast time flies. But, thinking on time doesn't help, so here's really what happened this week.
The only real things I can think of is on Sunday, when we went to a member's house. They put on a movie about J. Golden Kimball, the swearing apostle. He lived around the 1920-1930's time as an apostle, and the stories that were being told about him in that movie were hilarious. He would often swear and use vulgar language, even in church and conference talks. I couldn't help but laugh.
Yesterday, we were at a member's house, and they asked me to set up their Wii. So, that was very interesting. I did it, and they played a game afterwards, but the odd thing was that the parents in this family got up and started arguing over the dumbest thing, mainly that they were arguing over who lost the Wii Sports game. This family is quite dysfunctional, and these stupid little arguments aren't helping. We're planning a really awesome lesson that hopefully will unite them a bit more, but we don't know how it'll be received.
That's about it for what's happened. I love you all, and sorry for the shortness of the email. I'm about out of time.

Love

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment