My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Transfer, New Companion, Same Area

Hey Everyone

This week was transfer week, so that means I'm now two transfers out of sixteen down. I'm not really trying to count, but I guess it just happens. I'm really excited because this week has been fun. Mainly because it was Halloween. I'll have to probably keep this short because I'm running out of time.
On Friday, we had a ward activity called Trunk-or-Treat. Elder Houghton and I chose not to go because it didn't seem to get much promotion, and sounded a bit lame. We chose to work, and eat dinner at a member's house. She said it was actually pretty fun. Serves us for our pre-conceived notions. On Saturday, because that was the day that we get our transfer/leadership calls, Elder Houghton gets a call that says he's leaving, I'm staying, and that he's going Zone Leader. I was excited for him, but also sad because he's come to be a really good friend. We stayed inside on Saturday packing. Later that night, we bought pizza from Costco, and had a small district party. We ate, played Settlers of Catan, and, don't freak out, watched a movie. We only watched it because proselyting on Halloween is pretty risky. It's the new version of "Bridge to Terabithia." If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's pretty cool. On Sunday, it was a lazy Sunday because we didn't have much energy. We continued packing, and had our regular dinner. Nothing too eventful. Yesterday, Elder Houghton left around 2:30, and Elder Adamovich, my new companion, came in around 3:00. We came inside, and played Magic the Gathering for about two hours. I should stop playing it because I'm starting to like it, and I don't need a trading card game to blow money on. Elder Adamovich is actually a really cool guy. He was actually my former Zone Leader for these last two transfers, and so he had to be released from that. He's pretty cool, though. He works a bit differently than Elder Houghton, but I imagine I'll be just fine.
Unfortunately, I don't have much else to report. The area has been fine, and we are going to start extending baptismal commitments. We haven't been doing it because for some reason Elder Houghton thinks that it'll be kinda pushy on our investigators, but we have to do it at some point. So, we're going to be doing a lot of that these next few weeks. That's about it. Thanks everyone for your support, and I'll still try my best to keep you guys up to date.

Con Amor

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment