My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Last week of transfer two

Hey everyone.

I'm just about out of time for this email, so I'm gonna have to be quick.As far as investigators, we've found a high school grad kid thatmy companion thinks could easily be baptized. That's a rarity, becausehe said that he never says that about anyone unless he's sure, andhe's been out about a year, so I trust his judgement. As for ourother investigators, nothing really. We've been working on them, butit's going a bit slower than we'd like.As for my apartment life, a funny experience happened to ourpraying mantis, Max. We stuck a snail in there, and, like always, hetried to take him out. However, his claw got stuck in the snail, thesnail retracted, pulling the claw in, and then proceeding to spray Maxwith slime bubbles. We had to spray him with water because we thoughtthat he'd suffocate. He's still alive, but I think his pride got hurta bit with that snail. It was funny, but I'm coming to be kindaattached to Max. It's weird. Also, I got a new board game calledPandemic recently. It's a fun game. Also, whenever I have time atnights after proselyting time, and on P-days, I'm making a board gameof my own. I know it sounds weird, but having something like that tolook forward to working on keeps me somewhat sane. I'll let you knowhow things are going with it soon.I don't have much more time, so I gotta go. I'll talk to you alllater, and please...PLEASE stay cool, y'all.

Con Mucho Fuerte Amor

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment