My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Monday, October 18, 2010

4 months already?!

Hola mis amigos.

Like the title to the email says, I have already been away from home for four months. I really can't believe that. The time is going by way too fast. I got to the MTC thinking that two years would be forever, but I blink and I'm a sixth of the way through. Man, time is so unforgiving sometimes. Well, that's enough of my time spiel.
I've got the wonderful news that we have a baptism date at last. We've been working with an awesome investigator from our now-defunct English classes, and we challenged her to be baptized. She said she still has to learn, but we know that she'll be ready when the time comes. I'm really very excited for this. We also got a new investigator who has a ton of questions about life. He has been going through some really tough times in his life, and we think that the Gospel is just what he needs, especially since he has the question of which church would be the best for him. We're going to keep working with him, and see if we can get his questions answered.
As for me, I've got a cool story. On Sunday night, my companion was outside doing jump rope, and we say a preying mantis walking by. We caught it, and stuck it in an empty pretzel jar. His name is Max, and he's awesome. Yesterday, we put a moth and a pill bug in the jar, and when we came back, only the wings and the pill bug's shell were left. I even got video of when he caught the moth in his scythes. It was cool. Maybe you'll get to see it when I said my SD card back. But, I've still got a ton of pictures that need to be taken, so we'll see.
Well, that's my update. I hope all is well with all of you, and I look forward to more great weeks here in the SF Mission.

Les amo

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment