My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Saturday, October 9, 2010

One more week gone, three more investigators

Hey everyone,
 
     So conference this weekend was awesome. I actually found it easier to listen in on it this time than I ever had in the past. Let's face it, if you are able to sit in on over four hours of class in the MTC every day, you are able to withstand practically anything. That, however, didn't stop me from getting a little heavy-eyed. I tried so hard not to fall asleep, but sometimes, the body does what the body does. I didn't fall all the way asleep though. And I did get some great messages out of the apostles and First Presidency. It really was awesome, and hopefully I won't fall asleep, I mean, shut my eyes the next conference.
     As for the area, we have just finished our English classes, and two of the regular students asked us to keep teaching them privately. Naturally, we're going to be teaching them English, but we're also using it as prime time to teach them the gospel. One of them had actually come in contact with missionaries before, and had a Book of Mormon. It was from forever ago, though, so we don't know whether she got dropped or not. We'll find out. As for the third, we were passing by a street one night, and she was out playing soccer with her son. We passed by, said hi, and found out she was actually being evicted from her house. She was housing a few friends, and they had agreed to pay their portion of the rent. But, she woke up one morning, and they were gone, and she couldn't pay, so she got evicted. We helped her move the next day, with the help of an awesome member, and she actually called us this morning to ask if we could stop by. If you ask me, that sounds pretty golden. I'm hoping that we pass by her soon and teach her more. As for our other investigators, it's becoming really hard to keep in contact with them, especially since Elder Houghton's bike got stolen. We've been forced to going on foot, which slows us down tremendously. We're just going to have to be a bit more careful with our planning. We're thinking about buying Razor Scooters, because they are cheap, you can take them into the house with you, and they're faster than walking. The other companionship in my apartment actually already have scooters, so we're thinking of copying them. But, we'll see. I still have my bike, so I may not have to buy one.
     That's about it for things going on around here. We are still working, and loving it. I really think that the mission is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. It's definitely the hardest thing ever, but it's the most rewarding ever.  Well, that's my opus.
 
Elder Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment