My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A new week, a new transfer, a-nother bike stolen

So yeah

This is the beginning of the second week of the transfer. Where has the time been going? Things go by way too fast out here. But, I'll tell a little bit about what's happened out here. Which would be nothing. We're still working hard towards getting some of our investigators to baptism, but haven't been having much luck. Their schedules fluctuate so much that it's so hard to keep track of where everyone is at one time. So, things have mostly been the same for the past few weeks. But, I love the work I'm doing, so that's all that matters, right? As for the bike, it actually happened this morning. We had locked our bikes up to a pole for a lesson, and we knocked on the investigators door, hoping to get in. But, they didn't answer, and so we left. We were at the door for maybe 3 minutes, we came back, and Elder Houghton's bike was gone. He is not too happy with that. Thankfully, my bike was still there, which I'm really happy for. If it had been stolen, I don't know what I'd have done. But, the lock was stolen with it. I don't know why, considering how they had to break the lock to do it. But, these people are real weirdies sometimes, so I can't blame them. But, I'm still doing fine, and all is still well.

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment