My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

One transfer down, 15 more to go.

Just for the record, I'm not going to begin every new transfer email with that line. I'm only doing it to show that I'm no longer in my first transfer. For those who may not know, a transfer is a six-week period that you serve in your proselyting area. At the end of six weeks, you are either transferred to a new area, given a leadership calling, or simply stay in your area. I'm staying in my area, so my address is going to be the same until Nov. 1st, at least.
As far as the work goes, not too much has been going on. I will say, though, that we got ourselves in a very interesting lesson with some people who claimed to have Christ in their lives, but not organized religion. Seriously? If there's no organization, it's chaos. Anyone remember what happened in Lord of the Flies, perchance? Ah, whatever. I don't care too much. They said that if it's not in the Bible, they won't believe it. We could've shown them verses in the Bible that say that there was other scripture to come forth, but they wouldn't have believed us anyway. We dropped them like a hot potato, unfortunately. It really kills me when some people think that the Gospel is seriously not important enough for them to listen to. It bugs me, but people aren't forced to change, so life goes on.
I really don't have anything else to comment on, so I'll catch you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment