My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Letter to home on 9/7

Hey everyone.

I'm trying something new this week. I'm going to give a quick report of what has happened this past week, and send that to all of you. I'm not sure what it'll result, but I'm going to give it a quick go.
As for what has happened this past week, we've really been going at it. We found a new family to teach. The father is Jorge, and he lives with his two children, and possibly his mother. We've taught them the first lesson, and plan to continue to teach them more. They sound really solid. He has a lot of questions about the church, and agreed with us when we showed him the Restoration movie, saying, "Yeah, it's kinda like Joseph Smith said. How can we know which church is true if there are so many?" I'm getting really excited for them.
We also found another family that was contacted about a year ago, started taking the lessons, the missionaries were transferred out, and the new ones never got in contact with them. We ran into them again with a tract, and we're going to be teaching them again. They said that they've been reading the BoM together ever since we came back, and so I'm getting really excited.
Also, our other family, Rosi and them. We haven't been able to get a solid appointment in where all of them can be together at the same time. We taught their son and daughter last night, but we didn't cover a ton. Because, well, they're 12 and 17. Not too much that we can work with there. But, we'll continue to stop by, and teach them more. I'm hoping for a good breakthrough with them soon.
Our other investigator, Tony, we haven't been able to see her recently. She works late-night shifts, and sleeps a majority of the day, and so she's really hard to get in touch with. We haven't talked to her for a while, and I'm itching to get back and teach her more. It's so odd to me that the mission can do this much to me, but it's cool.
That's basically the gist of what's happened. Yesterday, for P-day, though, we went to the Burbank Town Center, which is a huge indoor/outdoor mall. That was fun, and while we were there, I bought a game of Settlers of Catan. I miss playing that game, and so it'll be fun to be able to play it on P-Days. I'm trying to remember some event that happened this past week, but I can't really think of it at this point. If I remember it, I'll include it in next week's email. But, until next time, talk to y'alls later. (My trainer is from Texas, and he's been using that word a while. It's creeping into my head. :S)

No comments:

Post a Comment