My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Emailing on a Wednesday

Wednesday Email!!!

Yeah, we were supposed to email yesterday, but that didn't work out because the car elders had no free time for email. So, we're doing it today. Not too bad, though. Anyways, here's my update.
The area has been doing okay since the transfer. We got one of our solid investigators to come to church. She said she really liked it, and we have now begun teaching her the commandments. She is progressing really well, especially since she's already in the late Mosiah chapters. We're still shooting for her baptism this month, and things are looking up. However, we've noticed that our ward isn't as strong as what it should be, so we are going to focus this transfer a ton on less-actives. We're hoping that if we can re-invigorate the ward with some more members attending, things will start picking up.
As for any funny experiences, we decided to regress to childhood and make a fort on P-day. I've got some awesome pictures that I expect will be posted on my mission blog when I send the card home. Keep an eye out for those.
Well, that's about it, I'm almost out of time, and I got some more stuff to do, so, I'll talk to you all later.

Con amor

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment