My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Monday, June 6, 2011

Well, that's one year down...

Hey everyone.

As I'm sure you all can see right now, I'm hitting my year mark. I'll have been a missionary for exactly one year at around 8:16 PM Utah time on Wednesday night. I don't really count that as being a missionary, but it's close to the exact time or so. I hope that I don't go absolutely crazy from this, espeically since this first year just flew by like nobody's business. I've heard that the second is always faster, so I have a feeling I'm going to go a bit crazy.
Anyways, things have been kinda slowing down here. I don't really like that and am not too happy about it, but we're trying really hard to improve ourselves. I've been coming out of a slump from the time I spent in Northridge, so it's been slower than I'd like, but I'm still trying. As far as the area, we had a pretty good lesson yesterday. Elder Huskinson and I did splits yesterday with two of the young men from the branch, and we worked in different parts of our area. I taught a family that I think is really ready for the Gospel, but just needs to come to church more, and pray to know the truth. They have no problem doing reading from the Book of Mormon, but they just need to do those two things, and we can baptize them before the end of the transfer. That'd be nice. But, that's really the only thing we've got going for us. We have another investigator who is going along really well, too. I'm hoping that we can get in more lessons with her soon. We'll see, though.
That's about it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go crawl into a corner and try to take in the fact that I've been away from home for about a year now. That's still freaky to me.

Elder Shepherd

P.S. I've noticed that some of you like sending me pictures. If you would all please keep them a reasonably small size, preferably somewhere in the 500 KB range, I can put them on my mp3 player, and enjoy them outside of email. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment