My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Monday, May 16, 2011

I am flat-out tired...

Hello everybody

As the title to this email said, I am dog tired all the time now. I'll explain in a bit, but for now, here's a quick recap of what's been happening.
One of our main investigators has gotten a baptismal date. She's super ready for the gospel, and I'm getting really excited for her. However, We've hardly been able to meet with her, and so we need to really up the number of times we're meeting with her...especially since the date with her is this Sunday. It sounds impossible, and it probably won't happen, but we'll move it back a bit and keep trying. She's super ready. Also, we are working with a family that is super ready as well. We went over there last night with a young man from a member family, and we talked over there. The sad thing was that, they have a Wii, and the two kids were playing Bubble Bobble. I don't know how many of you know that, but that's a really fun game. We got talking on the subject of video games (my natural element) and I found out they had a game called Super C (Contra) on it as well. They fired that one up just to show me. I was dying sitting there in the couch. That is such an awesome game. They offered to even let me play it. I turned it down, naturally, but I still was really tempted. Anyways, we talked with them last night, and they are finally starting on that we're asking them to change, which is good. A lot of people out here think that we're only going around to teach the Bible. We're asking a little more than that. So, I think I need to work it into what we teach. Anyways, we were talking, and we asked them if they'd be baptized into the church. They said yes. We didn't set a specific date, but they said they would. We're going over there tonight, and they're going to feed us dinner (taquitos de papas = Potato taquitos), and we'll teach them a lesson. I'm super excited for them. Also, we found a former investigator from over a year ago or so, and she's also super ready. She blew off the missionaries originally, saying she wasn't ready, but she seems to be ready now. We taught the first lesson, walked out, and did some good mental backflips. It was awesome. Also, I did exchanges on Thursday, and I have to say that that was easily the most boring day of my mission. The elder I was with is super boring. I'll spare his name, but it was awful.
Anyways, as to why I'm so tired all the time. If you all remember correctly, about four months ago, I said I was going to start doing a workout program called P90X. I did it for about 9 days, and quit. I was so disappointed in myself. Well, I'm doing it again, but the greatest thing about it this time is that I'm doing it with Elder Ulloa. I'm getting more into the routine of things. I've been doing it for 8 days, and I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I've already felt some good improvements, so I'm happy. I'll probably continue. But, P90X workouts each consist of about an hour. It's exhausting to get up at 6:15, pound myself for an hour, and then go out at 11 and work until 9. I'm tired a lot. But, I'm feeling really stronger now, so I'm happy.
Anyways, that's about it for this week. Take care everyone, and please keep sending me emails.

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment