My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Monday, March 28, 2011

Short Email

I'm in a bit of a hurry today.


There's something that I want to check out in the mall today before we have to leave, so I'm being short. There'll be a small video of it with my next SD card, but I'm in a bit of a hurry.
As for last week, it was pretty good. We worked pretty hard, and I'm glad to say that we got a new investigator. She's a single mother, with two kids. She's been looking for something new in her life, but has always been concerned that her past life is keeping her from being worthy of repentance. Thankfully for her, the Gospel can solve that flat out. When we taught her, we extended a soft baptismal commitment (When you find out these things are true, will you be baptized?), to which she said yes. Me and Elder Newey are pretty excited about that. I'm especially excited about that. I may actually get my first convert baptism. Yes, for those who don't know yet, I haven't had any convert baptisms on my mission. But, the number of baptisms doesn't matter. What matters is that we get out every day, and work hard. That's what we're doing, and we may finally be getting someone. That'll be good, I hope.
After that, there isn't really anything to report. We keep trying to find new people, but it seems like they're hiding, waiting for us to find them. Let's hope that something good comes soon. Okay, thanks, and have a good one. I know this is short, and I'm sorry.


Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment