My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Missed Email, and missed week

Hey everyone

Sorry for not getting an email out last week. The computer I was using was being very problematic, and so I lost a ton of time, and had to end. But, here's my update,
I've been transferred to Northridge, CA, english work. I know that I'm supposed to be a Spanish-only missionary, but I guess I need to be here for some reason. I love the ward thus far. They're all really nice. But, the only gripe I have thus far is that things seem much stricter and a tighter ship around here. I loved the lax nature of Spanish work to a certain extent, so I won't miss English work when I'm done.
My companion's name is Elder Bills. He's also from Farmington, and we knew each other at one point. I've had some problems with him recently, and so I am scared that we may not be able to work as hard, but I'm doing my best to get along with him, so things should be okay, I hope.
As for last week, I was really sick. I was getting sick on Monday and Tuesday, and Wednesday, I got hit by a truck. It was awful. I was like that until Saturday. I feel fine now, but it wasn't too fun.
Today was pretty fun, though. We went to the LA Temple. It's a really beautiful building, and the new Visitor's Center is really cool. There'll be pictures on the next SD card home, but that won't be for a while.
Well, I have another quick email to write, so I gotta go. Until next week, les amo, y que les vaya bien!

Love

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment