My Time in California

I am Marcus Keith Shepherd. I am serving in the California San Fernando Spanish-Speaking Mission. My family will be updating this blog weekly (hopefully) with information and pictures about what goes on out here. Tune in regularly to see what my life is like out there.



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Last Week, and my 6 month mark

Yes,

You read the title right. This Thursday, I will have hit my 25% mark on the mission. It surprises me, too. I seriously can't believe that I'm already at 6 months. I couldn't believe it when I hit my first month mark in the MTC. It feels like forever ago and just like it was yesterday. Time really flies fast on the mission. But, enough about time, I'll probably reflect back on it when I hit my year mark.
As for the last week comment, this coming Monday marks the end of another transfer. I'm guessing that I'm gone, since I got a new companion at the start of this transfer. How it works is that you'll usually be in an area for a while, being familiarized with the area by someone who already knows it, then they leave, and you get someone new. You familiarize them, and then move on. I don't control the transfers, so I'm still guessing as to whether I'm leaving or not. I'm about 75 percent sure I'm gone, though, so if you want to send me letters or packages, hold off until next week, when I say whether I'm still in Van Nuys, or somewhere else. I'll have new information this week.
As for what happened last week, I'll go about it like this. On P-Day, we went to the church and played dodgeball. It was way fun. I was being pretty beastly on the court, if you ask myself. My comp even said I was playing good. I love dodgeball, but that, like all other things, comes to an end. On Tuesday, it was pretty normal as far as I can remember. The same with Wednesday. On Thursday, we went on exchanges with Elder McElderry and Torres. I went with Elder Torres into his area, and we got a missed lesson, and a dinner. The dinner was interesting because they had a mexican TV show on called El Chavo. It was weird because I couldn't understand a lot of it, but it was funny because one of the characters made some pretty hilarious faces. That was odd.
On Friday, it was fairly normal. Saturday was a slow day because on Friday, my comp tried to backflip off his bed, lying on his back, but it didn't go well, and he landed on his neck. He's fine, but Sister Martin told him to stay inside that day. Sunday was fairly normal. We had the Christmas devotional, though, and I got to watch it in English. I really miss English. I like Spanish, but I've been craving some English. As for yesterday, it was fairly dull. We went to another chapel to play indoor soccer, but I got placed on crappy teams, so that wasn't too fun. Then, we had to go to a dinner at the very unsanitary house of a less-active member. I faked being sick, but I didn't do a very good job. I think I made her mad, but I didn't want to eat the food, so I had to do something.
That's about it. I'll let you guys know next email what the transfers entailed.

Con Mucho Fuerte Amor

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment